TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Durex The Big O Competition
General Terms & Conditions
- This Promotional Competition (â€œCompetitionâ€) is organised and run by Durex and Reckitt Benckiser South Africa (Proprietary) Limited and includes its affiliates, partners, associations and agents (â€œOrganisersâ€). The Competition is open for entry by participants residing in South Africa, Angola, Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Residents must be 18 years and older, have valid Identification and Passport.
- This Promotional Competition excludes employees of the Organisers and its advertising and/or promotion agencies, outlet owners, retailers and wholesalers that form part of the Competition and their immediate families. The Competition is not open for entry by or on behalf of a legal entity and participants cannot use the account of a legal entity to enter the Competition.
- By entering this Competition, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, which will be interpreted by the Organisers and the Organisersâ€™ decision regarding any issue with the Competition will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries will only be via registration and entry on www.durexthebigo.com. All entries will be confirmed via the microsite.
- No responsibility will be accepted for any entry that is not delivered, received or is delayed or damaged due to technical reasons or otherwise. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- To enter this Competition, all participants are required to â€“
- 7.1 Buy any Durex product
- 7.2 Visit www.durexthebigo.com and enter the last 6 digits-of-the-barcode into the Competition Entry Form;
- 7.3 Retain your till slip as proof of purchases dated prior to the closing of this Competition;
- Â 7.4 Be 18 years or older;
- 7.5 Be in possession of a valid passport
- This Competition will run from 1st August 2016 until 22nd August 2016. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
- The winning country, being the country with the most entries will be announced on the 29th August 2016
- The country with the most sales of Durex products during the promotion period will win The Big O. The winning country will be determined by the number of bar code entries on www.durexthebigo.com. Only the entries from the winning country will qualify for the Grand Prize draw.
- The Promotional Competition winners will be selected by a random system-generated-draw and the draw will be overseen by an independent person in terms of the Consumer Protection Act.
- The winner of the Grand Prize from the winning country will be announced within 15 (fifteen) working days of the closing date of the Competition.
Prize Details and Terms
- The winner of this competition shall receive the following package for 2 people:
Return international economy class flights from Johannesburg to Rio De Janeiro for two people, inclusive of airport taxes;
- The prize only includes return travel from Johannesburg to Rio De Janeiro. If you are travelling out of another city in South Africa or African country the cost to travel to and from Johannesburg will be at the winners’ expense;
- Airport transfers x 2 (arriving and departing);
- Six nights’ accommodation for two people sharing;
- Excursions included (subject to availability at time of travel) Samba Soul Experience Tour for 2 people; Half day Half Day Sugar Loaf tour for two people; Plataforma 1 Show with Dinner for two people; Iguazu Falls Argentinean Side for two persons and Rafain Cataratas Barbecue Restaurant and Show for two people
- Travel dates: winners must travel before the 28th November 2016;
- Any additional nightâ€™s stay or costs over the prize inclusion will be at winners’ own expense;
- Visa costs are for the winners’ own expense and visas are the responsibility of the winners to arrange;
- The promoters are not responsible for any consequences whatsoever should the winners’ fail to ensure that they have complied with the necessary health, passport, visa or re-entry permit requirements;
- Should the promoters be required to courier documents to the winners, any costs so incurred will be for the winners’ account; and
- It is the responsibility of the winners to ensure that they are adequately covered in respect of travel insurance, including but not limited to medical and baggage insurance.
- The prize may differ from that shown on the promotional material with regard to colour and specs and same shall be subject to availability and in the Organiserâ€™s sole discretion to select same.
- The prize will not be transferable or negotiable.
- The Organisers reserve the right to substitute the prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the prize promoted not be available due to unforeseen circumstances.
- The winner will be selected by a random system-generated-draw and the draw will be overseen by an independent person in terms of the Consumer Protection Act.
- The draw will take place within 15 (fifteen) working days of the closing date of the Competition.
- The winner will be contacted via telephone as entered on the entry website within 3 (three) working days of the final draw taking place;
- The Organisers will make 3 (three) attempts telephonically to contact and notify the selected winner. If the selected winner cannot be contacted personally after 3 (three) attempts, the winner will forfeit the prize and a replacement winner will be selected from the names drawn from remaining qualifying participants. This process shall continue until the winner has been contacted in terms of the competition rules.
- In addition and in the event that a winner is ineligible to accept a prize in terms of the competition rules, or is unable or fails to accept a prize for any reason whatsoever, a replacement winner will be selected from the names drawn from remaining qualifying participants in accordance with the same process as applicable to the original draw.
- The Organisers reserve the right to select an alternative winner in the event that that they reasonably believe, in their sole discretion, that the drawn winner has contravened any of these terms and conditions. The Organisersâ€™ decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner of the prize will receive their prize 20 (twenty) working days after being notified as having won the Prize.
- The winner will need to provide the following to the Organisers within 15 (fifteen) working days of date being notified of their prize, in order to receive their prize â€“
- 2.1 positive identification to the Organisers,
- 2.2 proof of purchase by way of till slip, dated prior to the end date of the Competition;
- 2.3 winners must have a valid passport (valid at least six months after travel â€“ passport must have 2 blank pages )
- 2.4 regardless of the amount of entries per participant, there will be only 1 (one) individual winners.
- 2.5 winners may need to have a vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever. This mandatory for re-entry to Africa/South Africa. Yellow fever is required by South African Health Authorities for entry into South Africa from Brazil.
- Should the winner verbally or otherwise agree to it, the Organisers may publish the winnerâ€™s name, surname and images, including photographs, on, inter alia, the Organiserâ€™s Facebook page without any liability to the Organisers or remuneration due to the winner.
- The Competition, its prizes, and any terms and/or conditions surrounding it may be amended by reasonable notification at any time during the Competition, and will be applied and interpreted at the sole discretion of the Organisers. Such altered terms and conditions and/or Prize shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by the Organisers. NoÂ participants shall have any recourse against the Organisers as a result of the alterations of the terms and conditions and/or or Prize.
- The Organisers reserve the right to extend, reasonably shorten or suspend the time period of the Competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operation reasons, or for the greater public good, or due to a â€œforce majeureâ€ or generally for any reason whatsoever within its sole discretion, on condition that it notifies the participants in a manner that is expedient according to its best ability.
- The Organisers reserves the right to terminate this Competition immediately at any stage, whether required as a result of changes in legislation, or if required by any national, provincial or municipal authority, or within the sole discretion of the Organisers for any reason whatsoever. Notice of such termination shall be published on the Competition website or on any other suitable forum. In such an event, all participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Organisers whatsoever.
- All participants and the winners indemnify the Organisers, Havas Worldwide (PTY) LTD its associated and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers and employees, against any and all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition.
- South African law shall govern these competition rules and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.